KU Monkey Mates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KU Monkey Mates

~ Welcome Mates ~

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting Kenny Chesney

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
terrilynn
Urban Crazy
Urban Crazy
terrilynn

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Meeting Kenny Chesney Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I got to Meet Kenny Chesney l Nov 05. My sis is a huge Kenny fan. She had heard he was going to be at wpoc & said I want you come with me. I said why. Her reply was a need to get two autograph's. I said well I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I can't go. Sis said you are going to cancel it because Kenny don't come around everyday. So I canceled told my doc that a family thing came up last min lol.

The radio station is just a hop ,skip & a jump from our house. )On anyday we can see the the djs walking around & I had the the pleasure of talking to lourie once. Very down to earth.

So That morning I got up extra early. Sis wanted to make sure we were first in line. The security guard told me to stand near him so I didn't get hurt. There was about 20 ppl waiting. We waited for like an hour b4 Kenny came. I thought he'd show up in a limo like last time. But he came in a black van with tinted windows.

Kenny got out & ran to the building real quick. But he did wave to us. We were kind of disappointed at first. So he did the interview & came back out. He said just one autograph per person & no pictures.

He greeted a little girl about 7 years old. She had flowers for him & he said are they for me. She said yes. He gave her a hug & signed her picture of him. Then he saw me learning againest the wall. He looked down & saw my canes. I thought uh oh. Kenny told ppl not to push yall will get one too. Then He said Hi baby. Gave me hug. All I could managfe to say was ummm hi. Sis finally got her turn & she just turned to mush.

The weird thing is me & kenny are the same size. We were head to head. The only difference was he wore a cowboy hat.

Side note: I wore my ku shirt. Some ppl noticed it & said we see your keith urban shirt. I thought i was goning to get mobbed by kenny fans. But I didn't thank goodness. I met an urbanite while I was there & we chatted about Keith. It was great. Oh & I had zipped my jacket b4 kenny came out.
Back to top Go down
KUsLifetimeLove
Admin
Admin
KUsLifetimeLove

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 10:03 pm

You posted it in the right place. My friends Michelle and Renea are Kenny fans So am I. Kenny sounds like a sweet guy and it sounds like you had a nice meet and greet with him. Maybe next time you will be able to get your pic with him. Wink
Thanks for sharing your awesome story with me.
Back to top Go down
https://kumonkeymates.niceboard.com
terrilynn
Urban Crazy
Urban Crazy
terrilynn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Your welcome! Here's a review I did of his show.Hi,

I've been home about an hour now & can't sleep. I'm still giddy from meeting Dierks Bentley. The meet & greet was fantastic. The people with gold stickers went first. So I had to wait for a separate m&g. I was so nervous. I got inline next to the last person. I did that on purpose to get rid of the butterflies in my stomach.

When it was finally my turn I walked over to Dierks & he said love your shirt. I said thanks. He asked how to spell my name. So I said Terri with an I. Dierks said hi Terri I'm Dierks nice to meet you. He asked how I was doing & I said I'm nervous. He said don't be I'm just Dierks. I relaxed some. Dierks asked what row & seat I was in. I said row d seat 9. Then he told me that he would pose for my camera wave & say hi.

I had my picture taken. Then Dierks said don't go anywhere. I'm gonna stay & chat a while. So I stayed. I couldn't really hear the story he was telling us because Jake Owen was on stage & it drowned out Dierks voice. As he was leaving he tapped me on the shoulder.

I was Hoping to catch some of Jake Owen's set but when I got to my seat his set was done. So I sat there & waited for Dierks set to start. He came out & started with lotta leavin' left to do. I noticed he was looking for me. So I shouted hey Dierks. As he promised he said hi Terri. I said hey dierks. He spent most of his set on my side of the stage & posed for me. I was snapping away.

While he was singing domestic light & cold he said lets all start tab with Kenny's name on it. The crowd went nuts after he said that. I just smiled. Still on my m&g high lol. He did tiger by the tail. That was cool. My dad really liked that song & brought back some good memories.

Then Kenny's set started. He walked to the stage through the crowd. Had lots of guards & I really couldn't see him. He started the show with summertime. Everyone was screaming his name. I heard more of that then I did Kenny singing. As he was singing big star Kenny changed a line. She was singing autographs like Uncle cracker in a skirt. He & cracker did sun goes down. They did other songs but I can't recall 'em right now.

Kenny brought back out Dierks, Jake, & Cracker & they did a song. Don't remember the title. At this point I was just tired & started falling asleep. They all signed stuff for people in the front row. Lynn got Jake to sign her ticket. She gave it to me. After each performer signed a guitar Kenny gave it to a little boy.

I think it was just after eleven when the show ended. The ride home seemed longer somehow. I wore out my cameras batter looking at the pictures I took. Got some really yummy ones.

Side note: I asked Dierks if I could put my canes somewhere until the picture taking was over. He put them on over the fence & stood in front of them. Dierks put his arm around me & gave me a tight little squeeze. He even made sure I got a good picture.

I think I was the only person there wearing a Dierks Bentley shirt. One lady walked past me & said who's Dierks Bentley. Then reminded me I was at a Kenny show. I just stared at her funny.
Back to top Go down
KUsLifetimeLove
Admin
Admin
KUsLifetimeLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Dierks sounds like a sweet guy too, you should post a pic of yor M&G. Very Happy
I like Jake Owens song "YeeHaw" I saw it on CMT the other day it's good.
Back to top Go down
terrilynn
Urban Crazy
Urban Crazy
terrilynn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:06 pm

He is really cool. I love it when he poss messages on his site for us. Dierks even gave us fc members songs to download.
Back to top Go down
KUsLifetimeLove
Admin
Admin
KUsLifetimeLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 pm

He seems cool. That's really nice that he post messages for you all and gives you free songs to download. I will have to go look at his site soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
terrilynn
Urban Crazy
Urban Crazy
terrilynn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

He's truly one of a kind. Here's my review. Caution it's long.

Well the day started off bad. We took the girls to the vet for shots & found out Cotton had a bump that had to be removed. The vet removed the bump & gave us meds for her. Cotton should be fine in a few days. So we were running late for the show.

I was getting worried we might not make it. But got there around 3pm,music started at 4. So that gave me & sis a while to pass out the the db cards. Sis did most of the passing out. Really she just put them on the merchandise tables in stacks. But she did pass some out to people. We used most of the cards. I had a stack in my pocket that I forgot about. that's all that's left.

Enough of that now for the music. Heartland was up first & were really good. Played a lot of cover songs. They played a Ronnie milsap song no getting over me. It s on their CD they have coming out sometime next month. Played some skynard too. When they sang loved her first the crowd sang along.The singer said if y'all want any merch go over there pointing out the table. He said cause Keith the guitar player needs shoes. They drove like 12 hours to be here today.

Pat green was really cool. He started with feels like it should. That got the crowd going. When he did wave on wave he told people to stand up. One guy didn't get up.Pat said come get up & then he went through the crowd & made him get up. It was lol. On his way back I got the chance to shake his hand. Pat was really hyper all night.

Now on to Dierks.The minute he came out I stood up & didn't sit back down until he was done. I was right against the barricade for over two hours. Dierks started with Cab of my truck. Standing there really paid of because I got to shake his hand. Well that did me in for picture taking. I was so out of it that sis took my camera & started taking pictures.He did Every mile a memory & I finally I heard long trip alone. Loved long trip alone. I hope it's a single. Dierks & pat sang a hank Jr song not sure which one.They also sang folsum (sp?) prison blues. He ended with what was i thinking.

The show ended like ninish. Me & sis went to Applebee's.She told the waitress it was my b.day. But they were short staffed so they didn't sing happy b.day. She kept apologizing. I said I'm good really, got to a hand shake from dierks Bentley. She was like o OK & smiled. I think she didn't know who I was talking about. Didn't have the time to educate her lol.
Back to top Go down
KUsLifetimeLove
Admin
Admin
KUsLifetimeLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:21 pm

I'm glad Cotton is ok. Very Happy
WOW! You got to shake Dierks and Pats hand that's really awesome! Very Happy
Thanks for sharing your review with me I'm happy you had a good bday.
Back to top Go down
terrilynn
Urban Crazy
Urban Crazy
terrilynn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:32 pm

After Dierks highfived me I was a goner & my sis took the camera for pics.
Back to top Go down
KUsLifetimeLove
Admin
Admin
KUsLifetimeLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 11:38 pm

I bet you was in heaven. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Kenny Chesney   Meeting Kenny Chesney Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Kenny Chesney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KU Monkey Mates :: OTHER DISCUSSIONS :: Music-
Jump to: